“Busy as Bees”
The jasmine vine is blooming outside the bedroom window
White clusters of delicate star-shaped blossoms
Bright in the morning sun
Sweetly fragrant in the coolness of night
Their nectar sweet, attractive to busy bees
As you pass by, you can hear their hum
The hum of satisfaction
As the bees flit from blossom to blossom
Burrowing deeply into the flowers center
Extracting the pollen from within and continuing on to the next
Busy, busy, busy!
Only returning to the hive
When the task is done
God’s provision of wondrous flowers
Pollen and nectar for busy bees
All working together
Taken by the busy bees back to the hive
Transformed and made into sweet tasting honey
A miraculous transformation of their industrious labor
Sweetness of satisfaction for those who partake
Honey from the honeycomb!
The product of “busy bees”!
What is your life producing?
For a life is the sum of a man’s efforts?
Or maybe not!
From a worldly viewpoint…
Man strives to achieve
Wealth, success, security, happiness
Family, a legacy in life
But God has a different perspective.
God looks at the heart, not the achievement
Of a man…or woman…or child
What are you producing according to God’s economy?
What are you busy doing with your life?
God desires that you follow Him.
That you not merely flit from one thing to another
That your eyes are focused
On Christ, your Savior
That you strive to burrow deeply into His Word
And continue on in faith
Desiring to do the Father’s will
Persevering in the task set before you
Diligent and determined
For you are now transformed into who you were meant to be
A servant of the Living God!
Busy pursuing whatever the Lord leads you to do
A labor of love unto your Savior!
Because God first loved you and saved you
And in the process of serving Him with a pure heart
God will say…
“Well done, good and faithful servant”.
You are a sweet aroma
Pleasing to the Lord
You are busy
About the Master’s business
You are a product of the King
A child of God!
May you pursue Him!
Seeking to do His will
As you are “busy as bees”!
· Psalm 19:7-14 – …the ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous…they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
· Psalm 119:97-104 – How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
· Matthew 25:14-30 – His master replied, “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful…come and share your master’s happiness!”
· I Corinthians 3:5-4:2 – …the Lord has assigned to each his task…the fire will test the quality of each man’s work. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
· Colossians 3:23-24 – Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
· I Thessalonians 4:11-12 – Make it your ambition…to work with your hands…so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders…
· II Thessalonians 3:11-13 – We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies…as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
Written May 29, 2013 by Madeline Beber
May the Lord find me faithful in service.