Patriotism unfurled and on display!
A lasting symbol of a nation
The American flag flying high!
Arrayed in glorious colors of red, white and blue
The red, a depiction of the cost of priceless freedom
Shed blood of many lives spilled for our liberty
The white standing for the purity of peace
Offered freely to all countrymen
Deepest blue for sparkling skies overhead
The dignity and sanctity of the life of each citizen
And the stars
Representative of every state in the union
All combined into one nation indivisible
The flag of a nation
Brilliantly on display
Flying with honor and distinction
Waving in gentle folds upon the breeze
Lifted high upon flagpoles
Held in the palms of small children at parades
Displayed at the graves of the fallen
The patriots throughout America’s history
The American flag, “Old Glory”!
Our symbol of freedom
Of Glorious Liberty!
But there is another liberty
That far outweighs our nation’s freedom
The liberty that comes from knowing Christ
An indescribable freedom
Of being a child of the King
Christ Jesus our Lord!
We have been given much but not without cost!
The precious blood of Christ
Shed for “all” mankind on the Cross
Providing salvation to the lost
Comfort to the brokenhearted
Eternal life to all who believe
Is a free gift!
Available to all those who would choose to follow and believe Christ!
As the flag is a symbol of our nation’s freedom
The Cross of Christ
Symbolizes our faith in the Risen Lord
The Old Rugged Cross
Beautiful beyond compare
Displayed in churches with honor
Golden and adorned
Sometimes stark and bare
The focal point
Drawing our attention to Christ’s sacrifice
Also worn on chains as jewelry
Denoting to whom one belongs
We were bought with a price
We belong to Christ!
Perhaps at the graves of those who have gone before
A symbol of a life lived for the Lord
A symbol of the eternal life we have in Christ
Of the One who died for all of us!
Oh, the Glorious Liberty we have in Christ!
· Isaiah 61 All – The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,…to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners…they will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. · Matthew 16:24-28 – Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
· Romans 6:15-23 – …you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. …For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
· Romans 8:1-4 – Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
· Ephesians 2:1-10 – …For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.
· Colossians 2:6-15 – …God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations,…he took it away, nailing it to the cross…triumphing over them by the cross.
Written June 12, 2013 by Madeline Beber
Thanks be to God for His indescribable free salvation!
Celebrate your freedom!
Happy 4th of July!