The day was perfect!
A day spent together!
They came to swim and spend some time having fun.
Swimming around and around the blue water of the pool
Keeping cool from the hot summer sun
A gentle breeze now and then
An azure sky, a cloud drifting by from time to time
Shared a meal together
Sitting side by side around the table
Held hands and said “grace”.
As the precocious little boy at the table said…
He knows what family is all about.
After dinner, we made s’mores in the fire pit.
Creamy soft marshmallows and sweet yummy chocolate
We shared fireworks in the street for the fourth of July.
Folding chairs, all lined up along the sidewalk
Blazing sparklers aglow in the dark night sky
The finale to a perfect day
Oh, that we would “hang out” with our God!
Starting at the break of day
Spending time alone with Him
One on one
For His desire is to “hang out” with us!
Oh, that we would have that same desire!
Devoting our time to prayer and meditation
Drawing close with a whole heart
Undivided, without distractions
Being totally committed
Seeking to know the Father’s will
Diving into His Word
Enjoying His instruction, His presence
Feeding upon every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
Feasting upon His truth throughout the day
Quenching our thirst
In the power of the Holy Spirit
Joining together with the family of God
In close fellowship
In communion around the banquet table
Focusing upon Christ, our Lord
For the grace that has been shown to us
Sharing with others
Daily looking for His return
When Christ will appear in the clouds
What a glorious day that will be!
Better than fireworks
A spectacular happening!
The coming day of the Lord!
When He brings all His children home
To meet Him face to face
The final finale!
When we shall reside with Him forevermore!
To worship and adore Him!
To be in His presence throughout eternity
· Deuteronomy 8 All – …man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord…Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God,…
· John 14:6, 23-29 – Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. … If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.. … I am going away and I am coming back to you.”
· I Thessalonians 4:13-5:11 – …we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
· Hebrews 10:19-25 – …let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith,…Let us not give up meeting together,…but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
· Hebrews 12:1-3 – …Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,…
· I John 1:5-10 – …But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
· Revelation 19:5-10 – … “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! … “Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!”
Written July 8, 2013 by Madeline Beber
Lord,…help me to desire to “hang out” with You!