You can almost hear the silence!
The twinkle of stars in the heavens
The moon coursing across the dark sky
All is peaceful and asleep
Serene and still
The crickets chirping outside the window
The rhythmic sound piercing the silence
Or The sound of cats down the street
spatting in the distance
Their feline disagreement
Traveling across the cool night air
Occasionally the echo of a dog’s bark
Man’s night watchman
their protective bark sounding alarm
The noise of a freight train
The blare of their horn
Traveling from Far away in the distance
Then receding into the night
A motorcycle traveling on a faraway street
Its engine heard miles away
Breaking the silence
The steady ticking of the bedroom clock
Marking time in the stillness
Disturbing the quiet
THE APPEARANCE OF PEACE
IN A WORLD of TURMOIL AND UPROAR
A WORLD oblivious TO ITS SURROUNDINGS
PEOPLE LIVING amid COMPLACENCy and compromise
By THE SIGHTS AND SOUNDS of the world
THE SUBTLITY of sin
The distractions drawing them away from god
LOST IN THE HUMDRUM OF LIVING
CAUGHT IN THE WEB OF TECHNOLOGY
A DEADENING OF THE MIND AND SOUL
THE WORKS OF THE ENEMY
PIERCING THE WORLD WITH UNREST
Speaking lies to THOSE WHO WOULD LISTEN
DISQUIETING THE HEARTS OF MAN
WITH WARS AND RUMORS OF WAR
MARKED BY TIME
THE FULLNESS OF THE NIGHT APPROACHING
LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT
BREAKING IN upon the scene
He comes to receive his own;
The redeemed of the lord!
Those who have followed and heard his call
Those who have overcome
Those who love and adore him
With a whole heart
Dawn is coming!
For we shall rise to meet the lord in the air
There will no longer be night
For Christ shall be our light
The VOICE OF THE archangel
THE TRUMPET CALL OF GOD
will sound his coming
the angels will declare his glory!
Holy! Holy! Holy!
Is the holy lamb of god who was slain!
Are you ready?
Can you perceive what is to come?
The day approaches
Do not be lost NOR SUFFER God’s wrath
beware the sounds of night!
· Daniel 10:4-21, 11:40-12:13 – daniel’s vision – v. 12:3 – those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
· Matthew 24:1-25:13 – … “watch out that no one deceives you. …but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. …they will see the son of man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. …therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.”
· Romans 1:18-32 – the wrath of god is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,…
· I Corinthians 15:12-28 – v.20 – but Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
· I Thessalonians 4:13-5:11 – …for the lord himself will come down from heaven…the day of the lord will come like a thief in the night…let us be alert and self-controlled.
· Revelation 1:7-8 – Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him,… “I am the alpha and the omega,” says the lord god, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the almighty.”
Written June 26, 2013 by Madeline Beber