The first garden
God’s wondrous creation!
Perfect in every way as God is perfect
Beauty personified in the Garden of Eden
The ideal locale wherein man was to dwell forever
But in place of the ideal
God’s sublime plan for mankind
Perfection was lost!
Sin entered the world amid God’s perfect garden
In today’s realm of horticulture
Man seeks to recreate that which God did perfectly.
“The perfect garden”
Well trimmed trees and manicured bushes
Weed-free flower beds
Vibrant, full blooming flowers year round
Trimmed and luscious green lawns
Fruitful trees and bountiful vegetables
Flawless and delicious
We endeavor to make perfect…
…that which is not!
Striving always for perfection
A pristine garden
And so the striving continues
Beyond the garden
Into each and every life
A striving to be “in control”
To have everything well ordered and in its place
A well trimmed life!
Weed-free of difficulties, pain and hardship
Everything wonderful and flowery
Only success and goodness allowed
Fruitfulness and prosperity
Always “in control” of the outcome
Striving to figure out the “what ifs” in life
Blowing every difficulty out of proportion
Planning for every contingence and scenario
Seeking only our own agenda and outcome
Having all our ducks in a straight line
Stressed out if we don’t have instant answers
Things go wrong!
The weeds of life persist
The flaws of mankind remain
Perfection is lost! Life happens!
Not all is perfection and loveliness
We endeavor to make perfect that which is not!
To whom can we turn?
There is but One who can fill our deepest need.
Let us run to the One who is perfect!
To God who is infinite wisdom and understanding
Whose plans are perfect in every way!
To a Savior who upholds us and loves us unconditionally
Who can change our striving into trusting!
Change our messes into marvelous masterpieces
The only One who can gird us with His perfection
And bring us into everlasting life in glory!
· Proverbs 3:1-10 – …Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
· Isaiah 43:16-21- “Forget the former things;…I am doing a new thing!…I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
· Matthew 6:19-34 – … “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. … “Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life,…but seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
· Matthew 7:13-14 – …But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
· II Corinthians 4:1-18 – …For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what it seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
· Hebrews 12:1-13 – …Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Written September 27, 2013 by Madeline Beber
Still learning to trust rather than finagle my own way