They line the shaded pathway
Growing tall and stately
With grace and poise
Lush green in springtime glory
Feathery leaves on every branch
Stretching out and touching in embrace
In quiet stillness and majesty
God’s pristine cathedral in nature’s splendor
It was not always so!
Before the road, before the lane
Before the trees
There was barren ground
There had to be a landscaper, a planter of trees
Then years and years of steady and progressive growth
Maturing in grace
Becoming what is now seen
Beauty amid God’s scenic landscape
Growing more and more as the Creator intended
Tall trees of distinction!
What does our Creator intend for our lives?
First and foremost
To belong to Him!
To be a child of the King
Obedient and following in His footsteps
He also desires growth in our lives.
For once, not so long ago, we were barren empty ground
Sinful and needful of a Planter
To plant the Word of truth
Deep within the soil of our heart
To be watered
By the refreshing water of the Holy Spirit
Growing within us
Welling up into eternal life
And then daily a progressive process of growth
Extending our roots of faith deep into the Word of God
Seeking to know God more intimately
Desiring to know His ways
Pursuing truth and applying His Word to our life
Year upon year
Growing in grace and love
Maturing into the person God intends us to be
Tall and stately
Strong and confident
Steady and unchanging in our faith
Growing more and more in God’s love
Becoming Christ-like in our character and behavior
Dependent upon His direction
Leading others in the cause of Christ
Touching lives with the Word of truth
Making a difference
Along the pathways of neighbors, family and friends
Bringing praise and glory to the Father above
God’s intent for us all!
How are you growing?
Into a tall tree of distinction?
Is your life growing, a reflection of Christ, our Risen Lord?
· Psalm 96 All – Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;…Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the Lord,…
· Isaiah 55:12-13 – You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace…and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
· Ezekiel 17:22-24 – All the trees of the field will know that I the Lord bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall… “I will do it.”
· Matthew 13:3-9, 18-23 – The Parable of the Sower
· Matthew 15:13 – He (Jesus) replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.”
· Luke 2:52 – And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
· II Thessalonians 1:3, 11-12 – …because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing…
· James 1:19-25 – …humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
· II Peter 3:18 – But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
Written April 25, 2013 by Madeline Beber
May we all grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ
seeking to know Him better. To God be the glory!