We are closing our campus
Dear Church and Preschool Family,
Once again we have decisions to make that are different than the ones we made at the end of last week.
As of yesterday, the President and the CDC are recommending that all gatherings of 10 people or more should be avoided or cancelled. As I write this counties in our area are shutting down restaurants, gyms and the like. Workplaces are being strongly encouraged to allow employees to work from home if that is possible. The spread of the COVID19 virus continues, and we must do our part to prevent spread. So, the church board and I have made the following difficult decisions:
- We are closing our campus. That means worship will be conducted by livestream through our Facebook page. We will provide you with that link again at the end of the week. Worship will be conducted by livestream, and we encourage our families to log in from their own homes. We will do this for the next two weeks with a strong probability of that going on longer. All midweek discipleship activities on campus and in home groups sponsored by the church are to be cancelled, as well.
- At 6:00 pm Wednesday, March 18th our preschool will close, and remain closed through the end of the month. We will re-evaluate when the preschool can reopen every two weeks. We have committed to pay our employees through the end of the month and beyond. This is made possible by tuition payments, and carefully planned for reserves the school has set aside for times like this.
- In two weeks we plan to role out livestream or recorded discipleship opportunities for children, youth and adults. Communication about these activities will be coming next week.
- Although the campus is closed, we are available by phone, email, and texts. Don’t be afraid to contact me, should you need to.
- Now at this very critical time it is essential that we demonstrate our Christian witness by supporting the church in every way. Please continue to tithe and give your offerings as always, perhaps even more now. We have four ways for you to give:
- Text your gift to HACC to 73256
- Online at highland ave.org
- Mail to HACC, 9944 Highland Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
- Pick up, Staff can pick up your gift if necessary
- Lastly, we want to organize ourselves to meet the needs of the church and preschool community. Do you need groceries, basic supplies, assistance at your residence? Please email us through the church office at email@example.com. Do you know someone who needs any of these? We want to begin contacting our senior adults immediately to check on each of them. If you would like to do the same, please do so. Though our facility is currently closed, the church is never closed! God is faithful and he will lead us in all of this.
This is all new to us, but God is not surprised by any of it. We will be in touch often in the coming days to keep the communication lines open. Please pray, encourage, and communicate with us and one another. The Lord will use us in the days to come, and our witness will be essential to spread of God’s kingdom.