The mockingbirds have been busy!
You can hear their song even before dawn’s breaking
Waking you from slumber
Their chatter, their announcement to the day
Their song never the same, varied in melody
Diligent in their nest-building
Scavenging and gathering twigs, string and leaves
Intently intertwining with soft downy feathers
Methodically fashioned over time, into a cozy secure nest
A haven for the next generation of baby mockingbirds
And once the nest is fashioned and the tiny eggs snuggly within
The vigil begins
The guarding and watching over those precious eggs
Mom… patiently protecting and warming
Dad… dive-bombing every threat that comes close
Mercilessly pecking upon the cat just walking by on the sidewalk
Attacking large black menacing crows in midair flight
Distracting prey away from the nest
Later, the process of feeding the tiny newborns
An endless back and forth, flitting across the lawn
Searching deep for worms, bugs and delectable tidbits
Finally, the day of needful flying instructions
Sending the fledglings out upon the wind currents of flight
Miracle in process!
Can you not see God’s hand upon the landscape?
His care over the birds of the air
His wondrous Creation!
His gentle and faithful concern for nature and His creatures
His love for all that surrounds us
But most especially…
His care for us!
For the Lord loves us with an everlasting love
He is not willing that any should perish
Once we belong to Him
We rest secure in His love
Nothing can snatch us out of His hand
We dwell safe within His loving arms
No matter the threats that surround us in life
The daily challenges and concerns
The persistent obstacles of life
Hurts and heartache
All that threatens our peace
We rest cozy and secure within God’s love and tender care
Nurtured by God’s Holy Spirit
Guarded and surrounded by His army of angels
Fed daily by His living Word
Encouraged and built up in faith
Day upon day
Maturing and growing
Always within the Father’s grasp and care
Becoming what He desires us to be
Sent out as His ambassadors to a hurting world
To spread the Good News of the Gospel of Christ
To walk in grace
Following in the Lord’s footsteps
We are a miracle in process
Nurtured by a loving Father
Oh, that we would have a heart of thanksgiving!
A heart to praise Almighty God on high!
To look to Him in awe and wonder
To thank Him
For His wondrous care!
· Deuteronomy 33:26-29 – “There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
· Psalm 8 All – v.4 – …what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
· Psalm 136 All – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good…who gives food to every creature. His love endures forever.
· Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
· Nahum 1:7 – The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him…
· Matthew 6:25-34 – Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
· John 10:25-30 – “My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
· Ephesians 5:1-2 – Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Written May 3, 2013 by Madeline Beber
Resting secure in God’s wondrous care!